Ocean Road Community Centre
Also known as the Senior Citizens Hall
Terms and Conditions Of Hall Hire
Terms and Conditions of Hire
The Kapiti Community Services Trust (The Trust) hires out the hall on an wheresis basis. Hire charges help cover hall running expenses (e.g. rates, lease, electricity and maintenance) and ensure that the hall continues to exist as a resource for the Kapiti community.
Generally the hall is hired in blocks ie morning vacated by 12:30 pm, afternoon vacated by 5 pm, and evening vacated by 10.00 (unless written permission is given for a later time)
The hall has a capacity of 120. The standard hire rate covers use of the hall and stage, 20 tables and 120 chairs. Additional charges apply for special equipment such as the overhead Data projector and screen.
Standard Hire Charges and hours of use.
· The Hall can be hired “where current bookings allow” by;
The Day am upto 5 pm
The Morning upto 12:30pm
The Afternoon 12:30 pm to 5 pm
The Evening 5 pm to 10 pm (please note noise restriction apply after 10:00 pm)
Week-day (8 to 5) hall rental for local residents for non-commercial use only: $200 per day
Half Day or Evening Hire as above: $100 per session ( approx. 4.5 hrs)
Kitchen cooking facilities, crockery and cutlery included
Overhead Data Film projector and screen: $25 per day $15 per half day (Supply your own laptop)
Radio amplifier/Stereo: By arrangement
Key to hall (if required – regular bookings only): $50 deposit.
Cleaning deposit. The Trust reserves the right to charge a $50 cleaning deposit. The deposit will be returned to you at the end of the hire if the hall is left clean and in the condition it was in before the hire.
How to book
Fill in our booking form or contact either Trevor Daniell 04 902 3669 email@example.com or noel Boyd 02735156570 firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment and confirmation of your booking
The Trust prefers payment in advance by internet banking. Once you have submitted the booking form, we will email you (usually within 24 hours) with payment instructions. Please note that we will not normally confirm your booking until you have paid. If you are unable to pay when you make your booking, we will need to agree on alternative arrangements.
If you cancel a week or more before the event, we will refund 50% your fee. Please provide us with a bank account number and name of account holder, and we will transfer the funds electronically. We will give refunds for late cancellations only in exceptional circumstances.
Access to the hall
Someone will let you into the hall just before the start time you specified on the booking form.
Conditions of hire
1. The Trust reserves the right to refuse to hire the hall
2. Trust members reserve the right to enter the hall for any purpose during the hire.
3. Any damage noted on entry to the hall must be reported to the manager (902 3669) immediately.
4. Generally the hall is hired in blocks ie morning vacated by 12 00 pm, afternoon vacated by 5 pm, and evening vacated by 10.00 with half an hour allowed for clean up but the hall must be vacated by 10.30 pm
5. The District plan specifies that after 10 pm noise must be less than 45 decibels. We expect hirers to comply with Noise Control Officers if they call.
6. Agreement must be reached with the neighbours for an evening extension.
7. Single or two hour hires may be accepted and a deposit may be required.
8. Decorations must not be attached to the building structure. The use of staples, tacks, adhesives is not allowed, but permanent fixtures such as honour boards may be allowed with the approval of the trust.
9. Storage; hirers may provide storage at the discretion of the committee
10. Insurance of Items and equipment stored or used in the hall is the responsibility of the hirer
11. Fire exits must be kept clear
12. All chairs are to be stacked in the areas indicated by notices on the walls
13. Hirers are to clean the premises before they depart. There is a vacuum cleaner and a mop behind the kitchen door. If the kitchen has been used all benches and surfaces above them are to be wiped down, as is the refrigerator and the microwave, inside and out.
14. Failure to clean the hall properly may result in commercial cleaning charges.
15. All rubbish is to be removed. (Note, no rubbish bags to be left. All rubbish to be removed by the hirer.)
16. All windows are to be checked to see that they are closed.
17. Curtains are to be left open and one blind at each end is to be left half opened ( for security)
18. All lights are to be turned off.
19. The security alarm is automatically set.
20. The hirer is responsible for any damage to the hall and its fittings.
21. Unwarranted security callouts will be charged to the user.
If alcohol is to be sold it is the hirer’s responsibility to apply for a special liquor licence
Air Conditioning/Heat pump
The on/off switch is at the bottom right hand corner, press once to turn on or off.
The heat pump has been set at 22 degrees and will initially heat up to 24 degrees for 15 minutes and then drop back. It will turn off after 2 hours and may be restarted by pressing the same switch.
Show data (Overhead Projector)
Contact the manager if you wish to use this facility.
Hall Hirers are not insured by the trust. In the event of damage The Hall trust will seek to recover its costs up to a maximum of $1000
and our insurer may seek to claim the costs from the hirer